More denier weird - splicing Greenland onto global temperatures to hide the incline — HotWhopper Chat HotWhopper Chat
Follow HotWhopper:

Welcome to HotWhopper Chat

Before you post, read the introduction to HotWhopper Chat in the Wiki.

Welcome to HotWhopper Chat!

Whether you're new to climate topics or an expert you are most welcome. Before you can comment you'll need to register or sign in. Click one of the buttons below.

In this Discussion

Where Australia's electricity comes from

This widget is updated every couple of minutes and shows why Australia is such a huge GHG emitter.

More denier weird - splicing Greenland onto global temperatures to hide the incline

Anthony Watts approves of fakery and fudging on his own blog, while falsely accusing scientists of doing what he does. Anyway, this article is about a completely nonsensical cartoon from Josh in a silly protest at the excellent cartoon by xkcd.

Another exceptional doozy from WUWT - physically impossible global temperatures!

dcpetterson

Comments

• edited September 2016

so essentially they (Josh et al) are simply building a "global" temperature reconstruction using cherry-picked and ridiculously localised data

which obviously then leads to wild ups and downs in the temperature (no sh1t Sherlock) - which then suggest hyper global climate sensitivity, which they also deny

whereas the original cartoon uses data from scientific papers that use global temperature reconstructions

is that the gist?

as an interesting aside - and I have noticed this a few times recently in the comments on denier blogs, that as the science and data moves ever farther away from their lunacy they are increasingly finding themselves at variance with people they once agreed with

XKCD Comic – I used to really enjoy that but now….

Brian Cox – I used to like him but now …

Bill Nye -  Great when I was young but now ……

The New Scientist – Used to be concerned with science but now……

Neil deGrasse Tyson – ditto

You wonder when will they realise it is not the above who have suddenly rejected science but them

dcpetterson